The Last probably used to be a pub, but ceased to be a pub before the 1765 map and field book was made. The Field Book calls it “House, formerly sign of the Last at Kettle End, orchard, fieldway”, owned and occupied by William Ralp. In 1795 it was owned by Thomas Butler.
E46, “formerly sign of the Last at Kettle End”, was in what we now call Tyrells End. Click for a bigger version.
The building in plot E46 is in the same place as Linden Lodge is nowadays, although Linden Lodge is not that old – it must have been rebuilt. The little triangle of grass by the road in front of Linden Lodge today was given the grand name of Kettle End Green in 1765. Possibly the building that preceded Linden Lodge was a pub, until some time before 1765, called the Last.