1818 Description

This isn’t a trade directory, but is a description of the town. It comes from this book:

1818-woburn-1

and here is what it has to say about Eversholt:

1818-woburn-2

Eversholt

is distant about two and a half miles from Woburn; it consists of several detached hamlets, containing many good houses. The manor was formally annexed to the honour of Ampthill; it is at present, together with the subordinate manors of Wakes and Kingshoe, in the possession of the Duke of Bedford. The church, dedicated to St John the Baptist, consists of a nave, n yes okay limitorth and south aisles and chancel; on the north side of the chancel is vestry and a small chapel; the tower contains a ring of six bells. There is an endowed free school here, and as is the case in most of the adjacent parishes, a large Sunday school.

Leave a comment for publication